Are you passionate about community based literacy? Want to join a dynamic team of volunteers and staff?
The Yamaska Literacy Council looking for a Development Agent to cover the Haute-Yamaska region.
Job Posting – Development Agent (Haute-Yamaska)
The Yamaska Literacy Council (YLC), a community-based adult literacy organization that provides literacy services in English in Brome-Missisquoi & Haute-Yamaska, is seeking an individual to expand and develop its outreach, communication, and services in Haute-Yamaska.
Working under the supervision of YLC’s Executive Director, as part of a team of staff and volunteers, the Development Agent will establish and maintain contacts and partnerships with groups and individuals in order to recruit and support volunteers and adult learners; organize and/or participate in activities to raise awareness of literacy issues and YLC services; design and deliver literacy programming and presentations.
Education and experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have post-secondary education and/or relevant experience in adult education or social services
- Possess knowledge of the community sector
- Understand the realities of the English-speaking community in Haute-Yamaska.
- Strong communication skills in English and French
- Able to plan, organize and facilitate meetings, focus groups, and workshops
- Able to establish contacts with people from diverse settings
- Able to develop, plan, implement and evaluate activities/programs
- Knowledge of Office 365, Canva, and social media tools
- Independent, organized, responsible, creative, team player, flexible and adaptable .
The Candidate must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed, and possess a valid driver’s licence (and have access to a vehicle).
Location: Haute-Yamaska (based in YLC’s Waterloo office).
Type of Employment: (32hr/week; based on 46 weeks/year: Mid-August – end of June); permanent position conditional on funding.
Salary: 23-25$/hr. based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: some remote work, flexible schedule, summers off (unpaid), 2 paid weeks at Christmas in addition to vacation as per Normes du Travail; professional development opportunities, paid sick/personal days.
Application deadline: October 14, 2022. Please send CV and letter of introduction to: [email protected]