Volunteers are the cornerstone of YLC!
There are many ways to contribute to literacy as a volunteer.
Click the links below to learn about our various volunteer roles.
- Tutor description
- Trainer description
- Board of Directors description
- General Volunteer description
- Volunteer application form
YLC provides free training for volunteers.
No prior teaching experience is needed to be a tutor.
The Basic Literacy Training Workshop addresses several topics.
- Information about the Yamaska Literacy Council
- Literacy statistics and issues
- Sensitivity to adults with low literacy skills
- Tutoring techniques and materials
- Goal setting and assessment
- Lesson planning
Benefits of volunteering
- The satisfaction of MAKING A DIFFERENCE!
- Free training
- Free access to library of literacy resources
- Ongoing support
- Opportunity to participate at YLC events