- To identify and respond to evolving literacy needs in Brome-Missisquoi & Haute-Yamaska
- To help English-speaking adults and older youth improve their literacy skills in order to reach their goals
- To provide training and support to literacy volunteers
- To increase public awareness of literacy issues and solutions
YLC delivers community-based literacy programming, including:
- One-to-One Tutoring
- Lifelong Learning
- Youth & Family Initiatives
- Promotion, Outreach & Advocacy
- Literacy is a human right
- Literacy enriches lives
- Literacy skills are strengthened through lifelong learning
- Volunteer action builds stronger communities
- You can make a difference!
The Yamaska Literacy Council is honoured and thankful to have the support of Louise Penny as Patron.
Louise’s first book Still Life was published in 2005. Since then, she has published 16 books in the Armand Gamache series, with the 17th to be released in August 2021.
Translated into 31 languages, her novels have won or been shortlisted for many crime fiction awards, including the Agatha Award, the Canadian Arthur Ellis Award, The British Dagger, and many more.
For more information about Louise, her books, and her support for literacy & other important community initiatives, visit: http://www.louisepenny.com/