Call (450) 263-7503 or 1(866) 337-7503 (toll-free) to sign up, or for more information.
Free tutoring for adults
- Get help with reading, writing and math.
- Work at your own pace with a tutor.
- Registration is ongoing from September to June.
- Get help reading and filling out forms and paperwork.
- Call for an appointment.
Tutor Training Workshop
YLC provides a free 12-hour tutor-training workshop for volunteers that want to tutor an
adult. Click here for information on becoming a literacy volunteer.
YLC has a lending library of literacy materials. Browse online, or come visit the YLC office to explore our lending library.
- YLC aims to increase awareness about literacy and services available, through initiatives including presentations, public events, newsletters and social media.
- YLC hosts a radio show called Alphabits on CIDI 99.1 radio, at 6:30 PM on the first Friday of the month.
- YLC also collaborates with a variety of community partners to promote literacy.
Prison Literacy Program
Since 2000, YLC has been tutoring inmates at the Cowansville Institution. Click here for a CBC special and even more information about this program.
Youth and Family
- YLC created, in partnership with Literacy in Action, a booklet called Learning with Your Child.
- YLC has developed, with financial support from the Townshippers’ Association, Tips and Strategies for Elementary School Volunteers 2013, designed for volunteers reading with children in elementary school.
- YLC offers workshops on request to:
- families and caregivers of children 0-5 years
- elementary schools who want to train volunteer reading buddies
- Contact us for more details.